Thomas read law at the City University of Hong Kong and was previously trained in Accounting and Economics at La Trobe University, Australia. Apart from his degrees, Thomas also attended a Graduate Diploma in Business Computing at RMIT University, Australia. Thomas was admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong in 2009.
With the benefit of his double-discipline education, Thomas has extensive working experience and good command of both the English and Chinese languages, including Putonghua. Civil Litigation and Matrimonial Causes are Thomas' main areas of practice. Other areas of practice include criminal litigation, debt recovery, company winding-up, contractual or commercial disputes, personal injuries, employees’ compensation, preparing and handling wills, probate and non-refoulement claims.
In addition, Thomas joined Lily Fenn & Partners in 2018, and he is also a Civil Celebrant of Marriages.
Thomas is a co-editor of the 2019 Edition of the e-book entitled “Doing Business in Hong Kong and Investing in Mainland China” published by Lily Fenn & Partners in March 2020.
EDUCATION, LEGAL & OTHER QUALIFICATIONS :
- Bachelor of Economics, La Trobe University, Australia, 1982
- Certified Public Accountant (HKICPA) since 1986
- Certified Practising Accountant (CPA Australia) since 1993
- Graduate Diploma in Business Computing, RMIT University, Australia, 1993
- Bachelor of Laws, The City University of Hong Kong, 2005
- Post-graduate Certificate in Laws, The City University of Hong Kong, 2006
- Solicitor of the High Court of Hong Kong since 2009
- Member of the Law Society of Hong Kong since 2009
- Civil Celebrant of Marriage since 2016