Elden read law at the University of Kent at Canterbury, England. He was admitted to the roll of solicitors of the High Court in Hong Kong in 1995, and has been in private practice ever since. For the past 26 years, Elden has specialised in litigation and arbitration handling a wide range of dispute resolution and other related works. Elden is also a Civil Celebrant of Marriages.
In 2016, Elden obtained Higher Rights of Audience and was among the first 60 local solicitors to qualify to practise as a Solicitor Advocate in all the civil Courts in Hong Kong.
Apart from his legal training, Elden also holds a Bachelor and a Master degree in English linguistics. Elden is a keen amateur local historian and he also spends his spare time serving as a volunteer of the Hong Kong Red Cross.
EDUCATION AND LEGAL QUALIFICATIONS :
- Bachelor of Arts in Law (Hons), the University of Kent at Canterbury, England
- Solicitors’ Final Examination, College of Law, Guildford, England
- Solicitor of the High Court of Hong Kong since 1995
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales since 1995
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Civil Celebrant of Marriages
- Winner of Professor Tam Sheung-wai Award of Excellence Scholarship
- Bachelor of Language Studies (English) (1st Class Honours), the Open University of Hong Kong
- Master of Arts in Applied English Linguistics, the Open University of Hong Kong
- Solicitor Advocate of the High Court of Hong Kong (Civil Jurisdiction) since 2016