Legal Education Scholarship
[ A ] Legal Education Scholarship
LILY FENN & PARTNERS LL.M. SCHOLARSHIP
In 2014, Dr. Lily Fenn Education Foundation Limited (the “Foundation”), in partnership with the University of Hong Kong, set up a fund in the sum of HK$3,000,000 to establish the “Lily Fenn & Partners Charitable Foundation LLM Scholarship” (the “Scholarship”) to provide assistance to worthy final year undergraduate, Juris Doctor (JD) or Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL) students to pursue an LLM degree. The Scholarship shall be awarded from the academic year 2018-19 under the following revised regulations:
1. The Scholarship shall be known as the “Lily Fenn & Partners LLM Scholarship”.
2. Up to 2 scholarship(s) shall be awarded each year to student(s) admitted to read an LLM degree (a) offered by universities overseas (preferably in the United Kingdom) as approved by the Foundation and the Faculty of Law; or (b) under the LLM/MLaw Double Degree Programme jointly offered by the University of Hong Kong and the University of Zurich; or (c) at the Faculty of Law, The University of Hong Kong (in this case including both full-time and part-time study and both LLM and any specialist stream of LLM).
3. The Scholarship shall be awarded on the basis of academic merit and financial need. The award of the Scholarship is on the condition that the awardee shall join the solicitor’s branch of the legal profession/shall accept the offer of solicitor’s traineeship contract with Lily Fenn & Partners if it is offered. The traineeship contract shall commence after the awardee’s completion of the PCLL programme, and may commence before the completion of the LLM degree from the University of Hong Kong if the awardee is to read the LLM degree on a part-time basis.
4. The exact value of each Scholarship shall be determined by the Selection Committee, but shall not be more than HK$160,000.
5. In the event of there being no suitable applicant in any year, no awards shall be made.
6. The donation shall be administered by the Finance and Enterprises Office.
7. The Scholarship shall be awarded until the depletion of donation fund.
8. The Scholarship shall be administered by the Faculty of Law and awarded by a Selection Committee comprising: -
(i) The Dean of the Faculty of Law or his nominee (as Chairperson);
(ii) The Faculty of Law representative on the Board of Academic Awards;
(iii) Representative(s) of the Foundation; and
(iv) Any additional members as determined by the Selection Committee from time to time, if any.
Applicants have to return the completed form in one pdf file to email@example.com no later than noon of 31st March 2022.